Monsoon Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_lover88:
hmm...maybe i wasnt specific on the place...i was finding out when is the monsoon season for malaysia and s'pore region

depends where in Malaysia. I know the perhentians and lang tengah etc are from november till the end of January. some resorts close over this period

Simplistically - West coast is good in Dec/Jan (winter), and east coast in good in June/July (summer).
But it does also rain all year.

Yeah, I would stay away from Tioman / Aur / etc... starting mid-October, and that's already pushing it (unless, of course, you have a really strong stomach, cause the seas get really rough on the ride out)

East Malaysia is also out, due to rain.

Hi

I just arrived from Sipadan (borneo's west coast) and they sale september is out moonsoon season (moonsoon from october to march) but rains every day and we've had strong wind every night and high waves some days. Divemasters (not officially) say that better season is juny and july (not far). Underwater life is not so much good after july.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom