Mono fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've seen them... they look kind of weird

also, since you can't use just one fin at a time, i imagine their usefulness is
highly restricted

H2Andy:
i've seen them... they look kind of weird

also, since you can't use just one fin at a time, i imagine their usefulness is
highly restricted

You should see the snorkle, if you find the fin weird...

From what I know it mainly is in Europe that they use them, and it's for pool competition.

I have one... can't claim that I know much about them. I can tell you that it is fast, takes a bit of getting used to (feels like someone tied your shoelaces together). One of the first times out with it I nearly hit my pb before I knew it, that was interesting. It definetly has it's place in freediving, although I don't use it all the time, I think this summer I'll give it more goes. Mine's a waterway...kinda like a toy fin, the foot pockets were about sized for a kid's feet. I've since opened the straps up (straps are not adjustable on this one, they're glued) now at least I can stand to wear it for an hour at a time.. before I couldn't wear it for barely a minute.

claplant:
You should see the snorkle, if you find the fin weird...

From what I know it mainly is in Europe that they use them, and it's for pool competition.

Correct. Very fast. Very exhausting.

Cagemaker

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom