Monk Seal Pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaman7596

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Aloha All,

This is the first thread I started
I got these at Cup coral Cathedral in Kauai Hawaii the other Day
Any body else go some good shots Post them UP:popcorn:
I have some more As soon as I resize them I will get them up.
I work a lot though :)

4621.jpg

4611.jpg

Last edited:
The second pic is probably the best. I've come across four of these so far. They are pretty good for stealing the show from the rest of the cool critters on a dive. Unfortunately, everytime I find one, it is either in a cave or I am shooting macro and forget to turn my strobe off. Either way, I always seem to get a lot of backscatter and am too bashful about it to show to people.

The second pic is probably the best. They are pretty good for stealing the show from the rest of the cool critters on a dive. Unfortunately, everytime I find one, it is either in a cave or I am shooting macro and forget to turn my strobe off. Either way, I always seem to get a lot of backscatter and am too bashful about it to show to people.

Sorry I have been diving/ working alot.

I 100% agree with you on the first 2 sentences. The first one would be alot better if the darn thing wasnt zipping around so fast and the camera didn't have a slight delay. I would like to get some video of one but everytime I see them I dont have the video camera. Put your pics up:D

Nice shots! Always a fun time when you see a monk seal.

Here's one of my fav's:

Phenominal critter! did you shot the video?? It was pretty good. I havent seen them do that one yet!

Here's one of my fav's.
Hope the link works

Where was this shot at? I have never seen 2 play like that either. I am jealous of both of you with footage like that.

We had one that would frequent a shore dive location on night dives and use our lights to hunt fish. several other companies have saw him there too. anyhow when it would hunt you could here a low pitch rumbling "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" and then boom snatch the fish. I didnt have the freakin video though

I will try to resize the pics tonight after i edit some video's from yesterdays dives.

Last edited:
Nice....

here are some more i got to resize for the upload

4391.jpg

4411.jpg

460.jpg

463.jpg

Seals are amazing!!!!

I love all of your pictures! I had one swim with me on a dive the other day it was magical they are so cute like little puppies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom