Monday 12/29 report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Alaska / Florida / In the air between the two.
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
At the last minute Sacaquaman decided to make a trip to the bay. We headed out to Aumentos. When we arrived John was already on the site so we anchored on the south side to give him room. looking over the side I saw a few sea nettles, and the water looked fairly clear. but as it turned out at depth the vis dropped to about 25 feet. the tide must have been going out. We had a pretty good current heading west, and considerable surge from the north west, pretty interesting to say the least.

The few sea nettles turned out to be a freaking ton! they were everywhere. you couldn't do a stop at 15 feet without being in the middle of hundreds of nettles.

After an hour interval we did our second dive at Mola Mtn. the vis was a bit better here. but still hundreds of nettles. Dropping down to depth, this dive was considerably easier with no surge and no tidal current.

After the dive while heading back we pass by John heading back out, he signalled us to approach. As we near I see a grey whale breach near Johns boat. Unfortunately my camera batteries were dead so there is no evidence of the sighting except for the witnesses.

Pics can be seen here. Brewski_59/Monterey - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At the last minute Sacaquaman decided to make a trip to the bay. We headed out to Aumentos. When we arrived John was already on the site so we anchored on the south side to give him room. looking over the side I saw a few sea nettles, and the water looked fairly clear. but as it turned out at depth the vis dropped to about 25 feet. the tide must have been going out. We had a pretty good current heading west, and considerable surge from the north west, pretty interesting to say the least.

The few sea nettles turned out to be a freaking ton! they were everywhere. you couldn't do a stop at 15 feet without being in the middle of hundreds of nettles.

After an hour interval we did our second dive at Mola Mtn. the vis was a bit better here. but still hundreds of nettles. Dropping down to depth, this dive was considerably easier with no surge and no tidal current.

After the dive while heading back we pass by John heading back out, he signalled us to approach. As we near I see a grey whale breach near Johns boat. Unfortunately my camera batteries were dead so there is no evidence of the sighting except for the witnesses.

Pics can be seen here. Brewski_59/Monterey - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nice shots Ron! Those sea nettles can be a pain during a SS but they sure make for good subjects. See ya soon. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom