Monastery In Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by cyklon_300 View Post
as a rank newbie...we were on a road trip from OR and stopped by a LDS who invited us to join them there for a class dive.

Gorgeous sunny day, but I got Maytagged in the surf and lost mask, snorkle, and a fin. The gravel sanded my face down to hamburger...neither me nor my buddy (a very experienced diver) got down.

I don't think anyone from the class made it in either...I've always wanted to go back and see what I missed.

Sorry to hear you had some difficulty at Monastery. Here's a short clip of a larger video of diving at Monastery. This is not to promote diving in the shown conditions, but a demo of what to do and not do. This is not the complete video and is missing a lot of scenes and voiceovers. The final product will be a 20 minute video that should be finished this year sometime.

YouTube - Monastery Beach Dive Video Preview

Doc seeing that the guy posted this back in 2002 hopefully he has come again and maybe made it in this time...

I did hear about a group of new guys roadtripping from OR that got tossed recently...

I think they're okey.

Talk about a time capsule. I think we have more recent threads about Monastery... maybe we can let this one die out.

Back
Top Bottom