Mona Island - One week to go !!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-punk

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm taking a group of divers to the west side of Puerto Rico to dive Desecheo, Mayaguez and Mona. Sorry for the jealous factor, but I've got short time fever - BIG TIME. Any last minute tips from anyone whose dove Mona or Desecheo? Anything cool that we might see out there? Thanks.

-Frank

Hi Frank,

Have a great time in PR. Wished I could join you guys. I recently found out I am moving to DC so no-can-do right-now. Take lots of pics and I look forward to the trip report.

My only suggestion is take lots of motion sickness remedies, if you have fish feeders in the group. The ride from Mayaguez to Mona Island can be very rough.

Have a blast!!!

Seawitch2

scuba-punk:
I'm taking a group of divers to the west side of Puerto Rico to dive Desecheo, Mayaguez and Mona. Sorry for the jealous factor, but I've got short time fever - BIG TIME. Any last minute tips from anyone whose dove Mona or Desecheo? Anything cool that we might see out there? Thanks.

-Frank

I just returned last month from 10 gorgeous days of
diving in Isabela and Parguera. Depending on who is
your operator, you'll dive in great places or run-of-
the mill sites visited by everyone. Mona is definitely
not the same one of years ago (nowhere is the same),
but I was surprised by the comments of lack of big
fish that was it trademark.
You can read accounts of our diving delinquencies in
our home page...address in signature.

Thanks for the posts everyone. All of us fish feeders have our scop patches ready to go (hope i don't leave them at home by accident...). I'll have to look at your info Wally, thanks for the link.

-Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom