Molokini Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TROGDOR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Heading to Maui this weekend, my wife doesn't dive, but she wants to snorkel Molokini Crater, any recommendations for an operator? She wants a "big boat"

Heading to Maui this weekend, my wife doesn't dive, but she wants to snorkel Molokini Crater, any recommendations for an operator? She wants a "big boat"
Four winds has a huge cataraman. I think you can dive and she can snorkel. From what I remember they are the first snorkell boat at the crater. We used them based on a recommendation from "Maui Revealled" That was before I got certified. Great and plentiful food too.

Trillogy does an excellant snorkle & sailing cruse along the coast. There are some locations as good/ or better than Molokini for snorkling.

I think most of the dive boat will allow you to bring a non-diver who wants to freedive. I don't do well on the "big" cattle boats so I would do that instead. Except for Lahaina Diver's, they only have little 72 cu cylinders on the boat, so it's a short dive with them. No thanks.

Trillogy does an excellant snorkle & sailing cruse along the coast. There are some locations as good/ or better than Molokini for snorkling.

I think most of the dive boat will allow you to bring a non-diver who wants to freedive. I don't do well on the "big" cattle boats so I would do that instead. Except for Lahaina Diver's, they only have little 72 cu cylinders on the boat, so it's a short dive with them. No thanks.

I will also put a plug in for Trilogy. We have taken their Molokini, Lanai, and Ka'anapali cruises. The Molokini cruise is the only one that also offers certified diving along with their snorkeling but we have enjoyed all of our trips with them.

It's true Lahaina divers uses 72 cf tanks but if you're Nitrox qualified and get Nitrox, those tanks are 80 cf. It's one way to get a bigger tank. They do have some 80cf regular tanks but you have to make sure you ask ahead of time and there's not many of them.

I think Alii Nui is the newest and largest catamaran that goes to Molokini and maybe the largest on Maui. They don't fill the boat to capacity though-they cut off bookings at 2/3rds so it doesn't feel full at all. They have an excellent crew and offer both diving and snokeling. Liked their other onbaord service and comfort too.

Pacific Whale Foundation has a huge boat with good food and drinks. We had a nice time with them (before my wife got certified). They aren't cheap, but some of the cost goes to the foundation. Oh yes, the crew was good too.

I dove off Pride of Maui - 3rd open water dive. Ran out of air (well in all honesty, DM brought us up to the wrong boat- I had plenty when we got there) but had a good time while several others in our party just snorkled. It is a big boat.

Thanks for the input..went with four winds.. she wants to snorkel WITH me, not 50 feet above me, so the scuba gear stays home this time....:depressed:

Back
Top Bottom