Modular valves in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShaiEdge

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Do any dive shops on the south and west of Maui have modular DIN valves? I plan on bringing my own, but just thought I'd ask.. then I don't need to waste part of my 40lb baggage allowance ha.

Maui Dreams in Kihei has several tanks with convertible DIN/Yolk valves. One of their employees has taken it upon himself to put a yellow ziptie around the neck of the tanks to identify which ones they are. All al 80's. They are a great bunch there and super helpful. Still not a bad idea to bring a yolk adapter as I've yet to see any DIN valve tanks on any of the boats.

I get a AL100 from B&B Scuba when I visit Maui. I think most of them have been convertible. I just bring my yolk adapter since I never know what will be on the boat.

As said, B&B has convertible valves on some of their tanks, and if you contact them ahead of time, they will make sure they have them on the size tanks you want. They have been VERY nice to us about that in the past.

Back
Top Bottom