Mods stalking posters vs positive user feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang it! Bunch of guys, up all night, and in the morning one wakes up in the drunk tank.
For the record, I liked the threads that Scubadiverdale started, very apropo from noob divers' point of view, even if considered trolling from experienced divers' point of view.
But really guys, when the next, recently arrived Scubaboard participant arrives, still somewhat feral from growing up in the wild, and says "why do I keep hearing from mods?" Can we just tell him, but not "Poke him with a stick" all night until he flips out?
My two kids are home from college yesterday, and they are FINALLY getting along, and now this!
The problem with his posting is the phrasing he used (which may or may not have been deliberate). A little time behind the keyboard reconsidering how some of his post might read to others would have served well.

@wetb4igetinthewater his posts read that way to me - young dumb and full of ........ testosterone (was going to put something else but reconsidered it). Instead of stepping away from the ticking timebomb that was his almost inevitable banning by moderating his own posts, he chose to charge full tilt at it. One option lets you fight another day but the other gets you out of here in a hurry.

My theory is that mods needed a way to stress-test the number of clicks the post flagging feature can take. So they invented this guy.
I doubt even if that were the case they wouldn't have taken it as far!

I doubt even if that were the case they wouldn't have taken it as far!

I'm sure it took some time for a few folks, myself included, to realize they've read enough. And I thought the days I flagged anyone on the Internet were long gone!

My theory is that mods needed a way to stress-test the number of clicks the post flagging feature can take. So they invented this guy.
I regret to say that you give the Mods too much credit. :) I am not sure we have the sophistication to make up something this . . . (searching for the correct term) . . . 'interesting'.

At 5:30am I wasn't thinking straight myself, and I was going to post unlikely suggestions, but decided to sleep on it.

At 5:30am I wasn't thinking straight myself, and I was going to post unlikely suggestions, but decided to sleep on it.

I rarely regret waiting to reply. I have far too often done the foot in mouth yoga pose when I pull the trigger swiftly. Still do it occasionally. Quick learner and all that.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

It's my opinion that this was an example of PUI: Posting Under the Influence.

Many, many posts have been removed, including some very humorous responses. If they didn't make sense with the removal of the drunken posts, then they were removed as well. I apologise for any inconvenience.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

It's my opinion that this was an example of PUI: Posting Under the Influence.

Many, many posts have been removed, including some very humorous responses. If they didn't make sense with the removal of the drunken posts, then they were removed as well. I apologise for any inconvenience.

"Honey, I Shrunk the Thread." Or threads. (Probably for the best. This thread was like sort of like listening to Howard Stern. You might be aghast but just need to see what he says next....)

"Honey, I Shrunk the Thread." Or threads. (Probably for the best. This thread was like sort of like listening to Howard Stern. You might be aghast but just need to see what he says next....)
I know what you mean - you think "surely he didn't say that... oh wait he's now saying that which is even worse".

I have a 1 like per 4 posts,
Sounds like a shoplifter wanting a free pass for all the times they went in a store and didn't get caught stealing anything.
Congrats on people liking what you have to say 25% of the time though.

Relax... It's all in fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom