Modify Airsource 3 for the Dive Alert Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dustin_360

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone else noticed there is no way to add the Dive Alert Plus to the Airsource 3? I’m thinking about modifying the setup so they will work together. The Airsource 3 doesn’t have a quick disconnect like most inflators or breather inflators.

I’m looking for ideas no how to modify if I don’t get any help from Aqualung or Ideations.

Here is a link I posted to another page on this site with more info.

Add the extra W to the browser when you paste it in... apparently you need to make 5 posts before you are allowed to include links

ww.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/300005-cant-add-diver-alert-plus-aqualung-airsource-3-a.html#post4643793

Thanks!!!

I would not try to modify the Air Source 3. The reason that it doesn't have a quick disconnect is the QD adds to much restriction to the air flow for this balanced second stage. IMO the air flow would be to restricted with the dive alert also. The air source 3 is a high performance second stage and any modifications to the air flow would only diminish that. If you have to have the dive alert why not add another lp hose to the first stage.

Thanks for the advice... I think I'm just going to add the extra hose like you are saying. This will certainly be the easiest simplest solution.

They make a Dive Alert which connects to the standard Air 2 fittings (I believe it's the same fitting used in Air 3's). Assuming you can disconnect your BC inflator hose that is.
It's called Dive Alert Plus
Model: DP3
Dive_Alert_Plus_DP3.jpg

Unless you know how to service regulators and air sources, I would never try to DIY. Is a sound device really necessary? You could always tap a bolt snap onto your tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom