Modified my Lion Tamer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1KWIK_69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just purchased a new Lion Tamer a couple weeks ago. I found that it was about 4 inches too long to fit in my checked bag. After looking at pics on the official web site it appears that a lot of them displayed are a little shorter than how they sell them. I wonder if that's a safety/liability thing to keep us at a slightly greater distance to avoid stings? I cut 4" from the tip and re-sharpened it. I also took the slack out of the strings to the rubber band to compansate for the slightly shorter spear. I tested it on an apple and I'm still at what I consider a safe distance, it works great, and it'll now fit in my suit case. :D

Anyone else run into this issue?

I just purchased a new Lion Tamer a couple weeks ago. I found that it was about 4 inches too long to fit in my checked bag. After looking at pics on the official web site it appears that a lot of them displayed are a little shorter than how they sell them. I wonder if that's a safety/liability thing to keep us at a slightly greater distance to avoid stings? I cut 4" from the tip and re-sharpened it. I also took the slack out of the strings to the rubber band to compansate for the slightly shorter spear. I tested it on an apple and I'm still at what I consider a safe distance, it works great, and it'll now fit in my suit case. :D
Assuming you were successful in killing the apple, did you feed it to a grouper? :D

Assuming you were successful in killing the apple, did you feed it to a grouper? :D
Nope. I enjoyed it myself with a little peanut butter.

I wonder if Grouper would like their apples that way? I suppose even fish could us a little fiber every now and then. :eyebrow:

Groupers like EVERYTHING!

...or will at least try it once :D

Nope. I enjoyed it myself with a little peanut butter.

I wonder if Grouper would like their apples that way? I suppose even fish could us a little fiber every now and then. :eyebrow:

WHOA! I have to say the fish I see are getting PLENTY of fiber......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom