MOD marking question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
Uh... Boogie... If you have planned your dive and are diving your plan, why would your buddy have to see your MOD sticker??

The second part of your sentence is right on!

Your local Tech1 instructor emphasized that the mix/analysis tape goes on the front of the tank (if doubles, goes under the right post) right under where the regulator screws in so it's right there in view when you set up your gear.

You're making me think, which, while it's never a bad thing, is probably the cause of that weird smell you can pick up even in Alaska. :eyebrow:

OK - first off, the sentence was meant more as a 'throwaway,' as in - 'yeah, it's that way and others can see it' but the primary point I was trying to make is still the value of pre-dive planning and standard mixes.

That being said, you're correct... it's not on the outside. I suppose if I had given a little more thought to a 'throwaway' sentence I would have figured that out on my own, but thanks for the correction.

Soggy:
You mark the MOD based on the actual MOD of the gas.

For air, that would be about 20 ft :)
you mean for 100% o2?

OK - confession time. I went with a buddy to go fix a hose in a drainage pond at my wife's work. It wasn't commercial diving - I was honestly curious to check out this little mud puddle of a pond, and they said sure... I was happy to tie a brick to a hose for them while I was out there.

Anyway, my max depth was 9 feet. And I have to admit... I dove air. I had air in a single tank that I needed to drain so I did. I dove air.

I'll say 5 "Hail Jarrod's" or whatever the next time I'm on a dive boat.

:)

It's ok, boogie....I *solo* dived in my parent's pool to find and fix a leak.

It was quite disturbing...I was down there, all alone, in 8 ffw with dangerous creatures (read: dead bugs) all around me. Think of what could have happened?

But, It's ok, because I was in doubles and a drysuit and was diving 32%.

Yes, I really was in doubles and a drysuit in a pool...It was October, the pool was 52 degrees, and I had just come back from diving in a Lake, so all I had with me were doubles.

Boogie711:
OK - confession time. I went with a buddy to go fix a hose in a drainage pond at my wife's work. It wasn't commercial diving - I was honestly curious to check out this little mud puddle of a pond, and they said sure... I was happy to tie a brick to a hose for them while I was out there.

Anyway, my max depth was 9 feet. And I have to admit... I dove air. I had air in a single tank that I needed to drain so I did. I dove air.

I'll say 5 "Hail Jarrod's" or whatever the next time I'm on a dive boat.

:)
Air!??! Dood, you're putting your life at risk!!!!!!!! As well as your buddy's? You did have a buddy team for this dive right!??

:rofl:

While we are all confessing our sins. I once dove in my fishtank. I have live plants that need to be trimmed occasionally. I usually just look throught the glass to see the plants to trim, but there was so much distortion that I was getting headaches, so I grabbed a 80 cf tank, breathed off the long hose, and threw on a mask. My aqaurium is barely big enough to get my head into, but not deep enough to get my computer to register a dive (yes, I tried). It wasn't big enough for a buddy, so I had to go solo. At least there was no distortion and I could actually see the plants that I was trimming.

Soggy:
It's ok, boogie....I *solo* dived in my parent's pool to find and fix a leak.

It was quite disturbing...I was down there, all alone, in 8 ffw with dangerous creatures (read: dead bugs) all around me. Think of what could have happened?

But, It's ok, because I was in doubles and a drysuit and was diving 32%.

Yes, I really was in doubles and a drysuit in a pool...It was October, the pool was 52 degrees, and I had just come back from diving in a Lake, so all I had with me were doubles.

Lol...I jumped in my pool last week all geared up to try out my new v-weight. I was wearing my doubles with 500#'s of 18/45 and an empty AL40 deco bottle. And for the record...there is no swimming pool to deep for me. :wink:

FreeFloat:
Air!??! Dood, you're putting your life at risk!!!!!!!! As well as your buddy's? You did have a buddy team for this dive right!??

:rofl:

I did indeed recruit a buddy for this particular venture. Seriously - I knew it was shallow but it was also braille diving. It would have been a nasty way to discover someone threw a fishnet in there or something.

In 0 vis and with entanglement hazards was one thing, but factor in the fact that I was diving air - it's buddy time. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom