mobile style design/format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm just curious as to where the design/format of the mobile style came from, is it a default mobile version of the upgraded vBulletin or is it an implementation done by SB staff? I know what it's supposed to look like (via my laptop) and I know what it looks like on my phone, which is nowhere near the same and is next to impossible to use. Just curious if I can expect any modifications to it (I'd elaborate on what doesn't work or post screenshots if it would help anybody) or if I'll just have to wait till I upgrade to a smartphone and can get Tapatalk. Thanks

I think it works great on my iPhone 4 using Safari. I can't get it to run at all with Tapatalk.

I'm not sure what phone it was designed for, but it's definitely not my LG Xenon. I can deal with the ridiculous amount of scrolling I have to do (especially if I want to look at a regional forum), but I'd better not want to look at page 2 of anything because I can't. :shakehead:

It's from vBulletin

I have no plans to develop a mobile style on my own.

Thanks anyway, Howard. Any way to complain to them about their page number format? The buttons don't show so unless I know the thread is short, I pretty much have to say forget it.

Not really. They have an update to the mobile style coming soon, otherwise, I'd say. Spring for the $2.00 for tapatalk.

i would if i could, but as far as i know it won't work on my non-smart phone. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom