Mobby feed back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boatdiver842

Registered
Reaction score
Does any one have knowledge of Mobby's perofrmance and longivety, that does not sell Mobby? It appears LDS try to push what's on the shelf.
No body knows why DUI is the best, other than the reputation. Boyer from DUI says other companies copy DUI. If that is so, other companies should be as good.

I love the doning of the Mobby but I was told (of course by a DUI dealer) that the seams are no good. I am researching the Armor Shell Pro.

Feed back appreciated.

boatdiver842:
Does any one have knowledge of Mobby's perofrmance and longivety, that does not sell Mobby? It appears LDS try to push what's on the shelf.
No body knows why DUI is the best, other than the reputation. Boyer from DUI says other companies copy DUI. If that is so, other companies should be as good.

I love the doning of the Mobby but I was told (of course by a DUI dealer) that the seams are no good. I am researching the Armor Shell Pro.

Feed back appreciated.

I have had an Armor Shell for about 3 years now, and really love it. I looked into the DUI's and really couldn't afford to sink the $1600.00 into it at the time, and I found a Armor Shell for about $1000.00.

The thing I like about the DUI suit over the Mobby are the Rock Boots.

Hope this helps some...

Mr. Quarry,
Have you had any problems with the seams of your Mobby since the purchase?
I have he oppertunity to buy a Armor shell pro with under garment or $1,150. Deal expires Sunday (19th; Father's Day sale) at 1700. I would like to feel more secure about the seams. The rest of the suit is what I am looking for.

boatdiver842:
Mr. Quarry,
Have you had any problems with the seams of your Mobby since the purchase?
I have he oppertunity to buy a Armor shell pro with under garment or $1,150. Deal expires Sunday (19th; Father's Day sale) at 1700. I would like to feel more secure about the seams. The rest of the suit is what I am looking for.

The ONLY problem I have had was the neck seal. I slipped when doffing the unit, and tore the neck seal pretty bad.

So no, I have had no problems whatsoever with the seams....

One of my buddies has a Mobby's suit, not sure of the model or year, but it's a tri-lam. He has had constant problems with his seals for the last 2 years. I will have to ask him now that I am thinking about it.

You are obviously posting a question about seals because you have seen other reports of seal problems with Mobby's suits. I have read about this from other members of SB as well. If it were me, based on this anecdotal evidence, I would not buy a Mobby's.

--Matt

matt_unique:
One of my buddies has a Mobby's suit, not sure of the model or year, but it's a tri-lam. He has had constant problems with his seals for the last 2 years. I will have to ask him now that I am thinking about it.
I think that there is a difference between the seams that boatdiver is asking about and the seals matt's friend it having problem. The seals are at the neck and wrists.

I have a Mobby's twin shell Abyss. I've had absolutely no problems with it in the 3 years I had it.

When it comes to selecting a drysuit, fit is very important. You want a fairly snug fit, just enough room to allow for the undergarment.

I believe every one can have a problem with SEALS with any suit. I was questioning the SEAMS of the suit. If 1 % of Mobby divers are having SEAM problems, it would be worth the savings. Armor Shell Pro + under garment for $1,150.00

matt_unique:

You are obviously posting a question about seals because you have seen other reports of seal problems with Mobby's suits. I have read about this from other members of SB as well. If it were me, based on this anecdotal evidence, I would not buy a Mobby's.

--Matt

Mr. Matt,

I was in a shop that only sold DUI and inquired about Mobby. Dealer tried to steer me away from Mobby stating possible SEAM problems. The Mobby dealer says in his 23 years of selling suits not one suit (Mobby or otherwise) was returned for a bad SEAM.

Back
Top Bottom