Moat Wall - a special dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

georoc01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from Roatan. Spent the week diving mostly with Coconut Tree Divers. Always like the really low diver to Divemaster/Instructor ratio, I think on our first dive there were 5 divers and 8 dms/instructors. I was paired with one of their DMs for the night dive we did last Thursday. Unlike most night dives, everyone did their own dive within the parameters of Blue Channel. Saw crabs, lobster, and a couple of interesting sea cucumbers. Did a lights out drill to see the strings of pearls. Quite a sight. My favorite west end dives were Hole in the Wall for the swim throughs, El Aguila and Fish Den for the marine life, with the latter being extra special for the feeding of lionfish to the groupers.

On Wednesday we took a cab over to Barefoot Key Divers and did two dives, one at Mary's Place and the other at Shark Bait Deep. Luke, who was our divemaster for the dives gave us great tours of both sites.

Stayed at Coconut Tree Cabins. The room was good. Clean, good AC and Direct TV if you watch it (allowed me to watch the NBA playoffs before going to bed at night). The best part (and the worst part depending on your point of view), is that you are right at the main intersection of the West End. Very convenient for getting around, at the hub for all of the taxis too.

On Friday Coconut Tree Divers did a day trip out to Morat Wall. On the eastern end, which is largely uninhabited and rarely dived. Makes it extra special, like diving Lighthouse Atoll off of Belize. Visiblity was easily 2-3 times what it was in the west end, with huge corals. We did two dives out there, the last one being my 200th dive. Thanks to Coconut Tree for making my 200th dive special.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom