Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good info DonCebu. Thanks!

Why dive at Nelson's but not stay next door at Eve's Kiosk? It's cheap and has a pool. or why stay at Love's resort and not dive with them?

Just curious as I'm still doing my research of where to stay and who to dive with when we visit the Philippines in January.

I don't like stay too close to the bars and loud music. I also like to stay at a resort right on the beach. So if I go with a few people who are not all diving Love's has everything we need.

If I go to Moalboal by myself, I just stay at Pacifico Lodge. But I guess now that I posted that info, they may have no vacancy. :(

Thanks DonCebu for letting me know Eve's would be too close to the bars and noise. We definitely don't want that.

Betty

For some people being close to the action is a plus, less distance to go if you have to stumble home. Since there is a weekend disco in Moalboal that side of the beach also works out better for me, because there has been many times I almost fell off that sea wall trying to walk back to my room.

For the most part Moalboal's night life doesn't go on too late, but in the Phils there is always a chance of someone breaking out the videoke machine and singing into the night.

Honestly Eve's may be better for a first timer in Moalboal since it is centrally located and closer to most of the dive shops.

What I do in Moalboal is: 1st dive in the morning go out to Pescador Island. Come back and have lunch.

2nd dive I will grab some tanks from Nelson's then hop on a trike and get dropped off up the beach. Make sure to get dropped off far enough up the beach. Walk the gear out cutting though people's private property. :) If someone has a problem with it, remind them of the Philippines Requirement for a compulsory easement of right of way to the beach. (Presidential Decree 1067 ) Most people do not have a foresure lease so the beach it public property. Of course if they have a gun and say they will shoot you, look for a different cut though. jejeje Then drift down and if I time it right come out right in front of Hanna's Place.

3rd dive I will go drop off the wall in front of Hanna's Place and end up in front Love's. Hence the reason why I stay at Love's. Of course I need to get the tanks back to Nelsens, but that is not a big deal.

Thanks DonCebu for your diving schedule. I was thinking of ease of staying & diving at the same place. OK too with eating most meals there (well breakfast & lunch for sure) but could venture out for dinner. We are more interested in boat dives with DM as guide. 2 in the morning; back for lunch; and then a 3rd dive in the afternoon.

Only there for 3 days so would like to get in 9-10 dives. (10th dive being a night dive possibly).

What is the dive Op like at Love's?

Betty

Thanks DonCebu for your diving schedule.

What is the dive Op like at Love's?

Betty

Honestly you are doing the right thing by doing it exactly what you are doing. It is hassle free, you get to see all the best dive spots with experienced and knowledge dive guides. If I was on a dive vacation I would do it the same exact way you are doing it.

Honestly I don't know anything about the dive operator at Loves because I never dove with them. I only stay in the room's, use their pool and sit at their resto during sunsets.

Hannah's looks good too. Seaquest dive centre doesn't look next door though on any maps I have seen of Panagsama Beach.

Yeah they specialize in Garlic Dishes, nice simple place to eat on the water.

Which maps are you looking at ? I may be able to update them for you. A lot of places change names often.

One of the maps is

south map from Moalboal Panagsama Beach Cebu Philippines

As I said we have heard wonderful things about Nelson's but we both agree that since we are only there for 3 days we'd like to stay and dive at the same place. Both Love's and Hannah's Place look good but then we'd be diving with their dive Ops. Love's dive OP on the website looks okay. Hannah says it is next door to Seaquest but I just don't see that.

Hannah's Place looked okay price wise too.
$50 for deluxe room with breakfast for 4 nights = $200
$110 return car transfer to/from airport
$30 / nitrox dive x 9 dives x 2 divers = $540
$200?? for food

Just need a good deal on flights. I took Centrals advice and look every day now. Saw a new one today. REAL CHEAP HK>Cebu but only until Aug 31st. I've got to weigh my dive bag to see how much luggage I need to buy. Like the 20kg for $45

Any recommendation from anyone on a good place to both stay & dive would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Betty

i was in moalboal last feb '11 and more recently this may '11. sea conditions were definitely rougher last feb and snorkelling would be close to impossible the time i went ( first week of feb).
this may, id say conditions were perfect for snorkelling (2nd week).
unfortunately, it seemed that there were less sardines this may as compared to feb.
id also recommend nelsons and eves kiosk. eves isnt exactly what id call right next to the bars; its actually quite qiet there and they also have their own private pool. food is also well priced and tasty.

One of the maps is

south map from Moalboal Panagsama Beach Cebu Philippines

Hannah says it is next door to Seaquest but I just don't see that.

$110 return car transfer to/from airport

Just need a good deal on flights.

Thanks
Betty

Moalboal is so small, everything is very close to each other. You can walk from Hanna's to Neptune in less than 5 minutes.

Wow ... for $110 usd I will pick you up at the airport and drive you back in a nicer SUV than any dive shop has.

If you are flying from HK to Cebu, buy the Sport Equipment Package.

The Sports Equipment Fee entitles guests to bring sports equipment up to 15kg on top of the free baggage allowance. Currently, sports equipment is counted in the guest’s free baggage allowance and anything in excess is charged the standard excess baggage rates. With this, guest can now enjoy 15kg free baggage allowance and 15kg for sports equipment.

Back
Top Bottom