Moalboal or Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dyvermite once bubbled...
I liked PG, ......... Next time is Boracay.

D

I you are thinking about diving in Boracay, don't waste your time. The diving is not very good. But if you are going for Paradise I highly recommend the Island. Been there done that. The Island is very breath taking. Food is awesome, beach runs for 5 km (7?) A must to see if you do not care about the quality of the diving.

Thanks for the advice, Chip. I have been hearing that same thing from friends for a while. I am headed there regardless, so I figure that I will check out the diving for myself. Maybe I'll have a chance to go somewhere more interesting for diving, maybe not. Anyways, a dive's a dive.

D.

HRW:
Am looking for a recommendation on whether to go to Moalboal or Puerto Galera in February. Would like to do 4 dives a day and am not interested in photography. Recommendations on dive shops/hotels would also be appreciated, as well as comments on the shore environment in both places. Thanks

Moalboal and Puerto Galera are great for diving. But you are not going to Puerta Galera but to Sabang thet's were the diveshops and hotels are.
Sabang is realy bussy, lots of bars, discos, retaurants. Realy good night life.
Moalboal is a bit realext lots of restaurants en bars but only one disco on saturday night.
Sabang has about 40 dive sites all within 10 min. by boat.
Moalboal has Pescador Island witch is really great.
So if you want a lot of dives and a good nightlife then you go to Sabang.
If you want to realex you go to Moalboal, but if you want to relax and do a lot of diving you better go to Malapascua. This is a paradise island whit great divesites, and a lot of them.

If you go to Sabang contact: Sabang divers and Sabang inn beach resort, www.sabang-inn.com .
If you go to Moalboal or Malapascua contact: Sea explorers, www.sea-explorers.com .

Hope you have a great time in the Philippines.

Back
Top Bottom