Moalboal help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daria:
Thanks for the link. I'm looking for someone who has been to MOALBOAL. I take it that you recomend skipping Moalboal and heading to Malapascua instead?

i asked the same question a while back, the consus after much research was to do both. malapascua and moalboal are both great for diff reasons and would be a treat to check out both thru a dive-safari.

Daria:
Thanks for the link. I'm looking for someone who has been to MOALBOAL. I take it that you recomend skipping Moalboal and heading to Malapascua instead?
My dive buddies last week sez its not worth it to go. It's either Bohol or Malapascua. I'm not telling you not to go...but these dive buddies of mine are experienced foreign divers who've seen it all. They know their stuff and s@#t. I believe them.

clgsamson:
My dive buddies last week sez its not worth it to go. It's either Bohol or Malapascua. I'm not telling you not to go...but these dive buddies of mine are experienced foreign divers who've seen it all. They know their stuff and s@#t. I believe them.

i have to recluctantly agree on this, better you go to malapascua . I have been to Moalboal. seriously this place is only "WHAT A GREAT SITE" to them japanese tourist divers coming for their first open water dives in warm waters.

i am not bashing Moalboal, but there are places where out of towners would have more value for their TIME .

Thanks for all the help everyone. Beacause I'm planning to go during the holidays, most of the accomodation on Malapascua appears to be getting booked up already. I think that the plan is to do my open water certification in Moalboal and then head up to Malapascua.

Daria:
Thanks for all the help everyone. Beacause I'm planning to go during the holidays, most of the accomodation on Malapascua appears to be getting booked up already. I think that the plan is to do my open water certification in Moalboal and then head up to Malapascua.

go for it! good luck on your OW!

Moal boal and Pescador Island are great. Go with Dive with Nelson. Ocean Safari Philippines. I stayed at Eves Kiosk. $20 Us . A/C hot water...no TV. Pangasma Beach has great shore dive house reefs. I saw whale shark there 3 weeks ago. White tips at Pescador. Really friendly people. Great food. Had a blast. went to Malapascua. Did see threshers and Mantas...Amazing mandarin fish at lighthouse!!! Amazing place also!!! But far . I had 32 days so it was different. If you only have short time So. Visayas Alona Beach, Pangasma and Dumaguette. Kind regards kevin

I was in Moalboal in September and dove with Savedra. Nothing but good things to say about them. There were also a few students diving there and they seemed to look after them very well. As for Moalboal vs. Malapascua, for a new diver I would pick the former. Visability is better on average and there is more to do topside. The house reef is quite good and Pescador Island is also one of the nicest dive sites I have ever seen.

Was in Moalboal early this year, Eve's too... just remind Neslonto bring his BC... hehehe =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom