Moalboal: Dolphin House? Or Turtle Bay? Or Club Serena?? HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So right now Moalboal seems to be the most likely of locations for a trip next July.
Has any one got any recommendations/ reviews/ insights for Dolphin House Resort?? Or Turtle Bay Dive Resort?? Or Club Serena??? Or any other similar resort??

We will be traveling with my parents (who love snorkeling) and with our two little ones so we really are looking for something nice and comfortable.

Magic Island is closed in early July so that is out of the question.

Hey Alex

I stayed at Club Serena in the tree house and didn't think the facilities were up to much. too much furniture in too small a room and the pathways were pretty shocking- more like a rubble walkway. Food not great and we were pushed aside for a large group when it came to meal times. Things may of course improved by now. The dive centre staff were friendly - it had a different owner to the resort but he's moved on and sold the business earlier this year. Really would not recommend at all. The reef edge is quite a way out from shore and the pathway was slippery - something to think about for your parents snorkelling - maybe check with the other centres what the access is like?

Not been to turtle bay or dolphin house.

diving pesador last year off siren was good (end june/ beg july). but we didn;t get the sardines as the viz was really bad ;-(

Have you thought about going to Magic in Anda? Ferry to Tagbilaran from Cebu City- would not be much longer than going to moalboal??

Susie

Have you thought about going to Magic in Anda? Ferry to Tagbilaran from Cebu City- would not be much longer than going to moalboal??
You have to add couple of hrs by car on top of the ferry ride.

I stayed at Turtle Bay in May and was also underwhelmed. Very windy getting into the resort and you are kinda trapped once you are there. Snorkelling wouldn't be great from shore but they did take people on the boats. Food was ok, and the room was ok but there was another building under construction at the time I was there, so lots of leering construction workers. Moalboal was my least favourite of the Moalboal, Dauin, Bohol locations.

I stayed at Club Serena last August with my siblings and their family (18 in our group). The room where I stayed was really nice (Merman's Cavern). The staff at the dive shop went out of their way to make sure my group and I had a great diving experience. If you're into UW photography like I do, make sure Ayson (I think that's how to spell his name) is your dive guide. The resort staff were also very friendly and helpful. As for the food it was alright, nuff said.

Thanks Maat. If we do go in July next year I'm hoping the construction will be done.
Did you go for shore dives?

Nope, only boat dives but they were all local on bangkra boats. I don't remember any shore diving in Moalboal - it was mainly in Dauin.

I'd like to invite you to join us at Savedra in "downtown" Panagsama for diving. We offer everything from fun diving, tech, free diving, marine bio courses, ect., and the famous sardine school is right at our house reef (you can see them snorkeling, too). There are a number of nice and affordable accommodation options in Panagsama, and lots of surprisingly good restaurants to chose from.

I'd like to invite you to join us at Savedra in "downtown" Panagsama for diving. We offer everything from fun diving, tech, free diving, marine bio courses, ect., and the famous sardine school is right at our house reef (you can see them snorkeling, too). .
Yeah, that's what I told AlMitch, Savedra is my favorite dive op in Moalboal, great housereef too, no question on that... but the accomodations around are not up to his needs I reckon (kiddies and also non diver family).
Closest to in Panagsama would probably be Cabanas Resort but still no real swimming pool.

Back
Top Bottom