Moalboal Aug 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
It has been over 10 yrs since I dived Moalboal. So I decided to take the advantage of Cebu Pacific special promotion fare HKG-CEB.
The plane was no more than 50% occupied. Unfortunately the flight was delayed because of the late arrival of the plane so everyone on board was offered a snack and a drink FOC. Touched down at Mactan around 14:00.
e travel QR code was checked and some passengers have to apply for it on the spot. Anyone who does not want to waste time, please apply for it 3 days(72hrs) before your arrival. It is easy and FREE.
Traffic was very heavy and slow going. It took well over an hour from the airport to the Southern Bus Station. I gave the driver P400.00(meter indicated P370.00). Did not notice any sign of the bus terminal! The building is quite small and there is a electronic monitor indicating various bus/van schedule. The Ceres AC bus to Bato/Bartoli was P209.00. After nearly 4hrs, including a quick 20 mins food/toilet break, I was dropped off at Moalboal and took a trike(P200.00) to Panagsama Beach. It was well passed 20:00 already. Time for a warm shower and early night.

Usually it's only 3 hours bus. Unusual for it to be so long. Last time we got about 3.25 hours in a taxi from the airport for 3000pesos.

Hope things look better there than last year. Everything deeper than 60, and Pescador was still looking good last year (except that pickup location on the plateau).

Friday afternoon might have something to do with it. The traffic within Cebu City was awful.

Ceres bus for Dumaguete also departs from the same bus terminal.

Two dives today at Pescador Island and Tongo Point.
Pescador is still nice but sign of noticeable destruction in couple of places. Not much fish life but there was no current.
Tongo Point, even worst than Pescado in destruction but saw the school of sardines and many pipefish.

"Wuhan Virus" made Philippines off limited to tourism from Mar 20. And the super typhoon Odette(Dec 21) was like "put fuel to the fire" adding even more miserable to a lot of people.
Odette was causing far more damage in Moalboal than Southern Leyte(my own observation).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom