Mo2vation Boat dives for 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian,

Just trying to help! I have never seen their largest boat. The Ocean Express goes to the Coronados and the DnDII goes to Wreck Alley, Point Loma, etc. Unless you are chartering a boat, I think DCI offers the cheapest way to dive in San Diego with the 2for1 passes. DCI does offer the 2 for 1 passes on all of their boats. But you buy the passes for dive sites, not boats... I guess that's why I was saying DCI... I see your point and I'm sorry I didn't catch on to your categorization!

Sean

headhunter:
28 people in San Diego County (18% of total)

Christian

make it a 27 count in SD... I an anti-boat and won't be attending the boat dives!! :froggy:

divebuddysean:
Christian,

Just trying to help! I have never seen their largest boat. !

Sean

The Molli has been in dry dock for two years as far as I know. I have never seen her in the water.

Terry

divebuddysean:
Christian,

Just trying to help! I have never seen their largest boat. The Ocean Express goes to the Coronados and the DnDII goes to Wreck Alley, Point Loma, etc. Unless you are chartering a boat, I think DCI offers the cheapest way to dive in San Diego with the 2for1 passes. DCI does offer the 2 for 1 passes on all of their boats. But you buy the passes for dive sites, not boats... I guess that's why I was saying DCI... I see your point and I'm sorry I didn't catch on to your categorization!

Sean
Sean,

I know you are trying to help and didn't mean to suggest otherwise. You are well established as "one of the good guys", as far as I'm concerned. :D

I was unaware of how things worked at DCI and maybe we should list DCI along with the boats because of how they do things. There is no rush anyway. It's going to take me a while to talk to each of them to see what kind of deals they want to give us as a growing group. I agree that getting the 2 for 1 tickets in December might be a great way to go. I'm shooting for the beginning of November for having all of the info put together with a vote following that.

It sounds like even though they have a few boats that they are mostly associated to the DnDII when people mention them.

Thanks.

Christian

MissyP:
make it a 27 count in SD... I an anti-boat and won't be attending the boat dives!! :froggy:

Still watching Black and White TV?

Still dialing a rotary phone?

Still using a Beta format VCR?

Still have a Cell Phone hardwired into your car?

Still playing 8 Tracks?

Still diving those old ScubaPro Rubber jet fins?

Oh - wait. THAT's a good thing...

Posh - won't boat dive.

The world is round.

:10:

---
Ken

I live just 30 minutes to 1 hour from any of the boats in Long Beach, San Pedro, Redondo Beach and I too like to sleep over the night before. I find it takes a lot of stress off the dive to arrive around 8-9:00 p.m. get a bite to eat, sign in, set-up my gear and then go to bed and wake up for breakfast just as the boat leaves the dock or a little after. Gives you more room for error (flat tire, closed freeway, can’t find the place etc).

I also like the all inclusive price best. I spent $111.00 on our last trip and had to pay for every bottle of water I drank. Hydration is important and I prefer to have all the water I want and not at $1.00 a bottle either. It does not have to be bottled water, just drinkable and water. The GE and other all inclusive boats not only cost about $110-120 but, well frankly I get more bang for the buck. All inclusive trip: Breakfast, pancakes, oatmeal, cantaloupe, fruit, muffins, eggs, bacon etc Snack, Lunch, and another snack, and all the water, soda, or coffee or hot chocolate you want and air fills.

I love the Great Escape and if I am booking that is my boat of choice in Long Beach, and the Peace in Ventura is excellent. I have heard good things about the Pacific Star too. I have dove the Cee Ray and it was good as was the Sun Diver but both were pay as you go. All of the pay as you go trips I have taken, have in the end cost as much or more than the all inclusive boats.
The Island Diver is fun to for a quick trip and two tanks for a very reasonable price but no food or drink or bunks.

Now having said all of that, I should mention, I am a beach diver and rarely boat dive. Not for lack of desire, it’s just that until me and uncle Benjamin get on better speaking terms, my wife frowns on boat dives more than once a year or so.

Mo2vation:
Still watching Black and White TV?

Still dialing a rotary phone?

Still using a Beta format VCR?

Still have a Cell Phone hardwired into your car?

Still playing 8 Tracks?

Still diving those old ScubaPro Rubber jet fins?

Oh - wait. THAT's a good thing...

Posh - won't boat dive.

The world is round.

:10:

---
Ken

It's not that I don't want to dive from a boat... I just have a little seasickness "problem" :11:

::: sigh ::: Long hikes in gear or hurling.... Sand in my gear or leaning over the rail.... Shuffling through a surf zone or renting my breakfast/lunch/dinner... I guess I'm doomed to be a shore diver.

MissyP:
It's not that I don't want to dive from a boat... I just have a little seasickness "problem" :11:

::: sigh ::: Long hikes in gear or hurling.... Sand in my gear or leaning over the rail.... Shuffling through a surf zone or renting my breakfast/lunch/dinner... I guess I'm doomed to be a shore diver.

I'm a chunky munky, too. I get it bad.

Think of it this way: at least we're not diving an all-inclusive trip yet... so the lunch you're tossing isn't included in the price. Skimp on the lunch and there'll be less to yack. :11:

Thank goodness for the new chewable Dramamine. Its recently replaced Bonine as my spew insurance. It totally rules.

We'll miss ya.

---
Ken

divinman:
Sean is correct on this. It ain't the prettiest boat or the fasted but the 2-fer passes never expire. I usually by 4 every December. Gets me 8 trips to the Nado's or wrecks.

And I hear that they have some really good DM's! :14:

Kimber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom