Mmmm 6 lbs of lead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In Bonaire, ridiculous diving right of the front porch, diving in short shorts and a rash guard. 6 lbs is over-weighted.

I'm never coming back, who wants to feed my fish?

I was diving with 2lbs on AL80's.... It was nice when I finally found 1 lb weights on the island I was on and was able to balance my load out....

and on top of that, its not too hard to keep sorted with NO weight if you wind up giving guests all your "spare" lead....

So not the case with the ole neoprene drysuit.... sigh

LOL... and another warm-water-wuss is born...

(Welcome to the club...)

Hah! Nope, won't be a warm water wuss. Back in the cold water sans viz within 2 weeks of getting home i promise.

However upping to 5 lbs in each pocket with a 3 mil wetsuit has done magical wonders for my trim and buoyancy control.

Definitely is nice down here though. No such thing as a bad dive, and easy awesome diving out front. I can sure see why people love this place...

So the water is warm enough for a rash guard?!?!

I am going to Bonaire the last week of April and was planning on bringing my 5mm full...

Is it really that warm??

bh... When I hit the water in St Maarten in Feb last year, it was 2 dives a day in boardies... snickering at the people wearing 'suits keeps y'all plenty warm :D

to put that one in perspective, we kept the pool here cooler than they keep their ocean @ 79F

Can definitely pull it off in just a rash guard, although it can be a bit chilly after an hour under water. I have ended up wearing a 3 mil full the whole time. The woman and her dad have been rocking only shorts and rash guard.

I do know some people who wear 5 mil with hood down here, although they live down here and dive all the time... takes all kinds.

Nothing beats cold water diving :wink:

Back
Top Bottom