MLPA makes front page of LA Times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is going to be the ones to enforce the ocean use permits? Are they really going to stop every surfer, diver, swimmer, fisherman, boater and so on they see leaving the oceans water? DFG is already stretched and if you use law enforcement or lifeguards who's going to pay for the increased need for Law enforcement or lifeguards or whoever is going to be incharge of monitoring our oceans shores and docks? Not to mention surfers would never stand for it or most boaters I know of not to mention the general public. Are we going to charge just divers for using the ocean? I guess what I am really asking is where do the fees stop?

Who is going to be the ones to enforce the ocean use permits? Are they really going to stop every surfer, diver, swimmer, fisherman, boater and so on they see leaving the oceans water? DFG is already stretched and if you use law enforcement or lifeguards who's going to pay for the increased need for Law enforcement or lifeguards or whoever is going to be incharge of monitoring our oceans shores and docks? Not to mention surfers would never stand for it or most boaters I know of not to mention the general public. Are we going to charge just divers for using the ocean? I guess what I am really asking is where do the fees stop?

We can put the ocean enforcers on 100% commission like insurance agents/salesmen. For instance, they could keep half of every fine they collect! We could advertise the positions as "sky is the limit and unlimited income potential. No experience necessary." As far as where we stop....it's way too late for that. The time to stop was "before" MLPA's were dreemed up. Now I just want "everyone" to share in the pain. It is always a great idea as long as environmentalists are spending someone elses money. Just once, and I mean just once, I'd like to see them dip into their own pockets and be accountable for their own programs and policies. They remind me of college students--a bunch of kids, all on the dole with answers to all the world problems with the money always coming from someone else.

Just once, and I mean just once, I'd like to see them dip into their own pockets and be accountable for their own programs and policies.

They are known for the Wine dine and gone by dawn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom