MkV extreem vs Signature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am considering purchasing one of your wings in the near future. My question is: what is the difference between the MKV extreem and the Signature? All I can see is the the extreem has heavier cloth. Is it more puncture resistant than the siganture?

Also, I dive with steel 120's and steel 100's. I would like to get my profile and drag down as much as possible. Would the 30# wing be good enough? I also use a 30cf pony bottle. I have a 45# wing now, and it seems to have a lot of drag. I just need to know if the 30# wing will accomodat my tanks/

Thanks

The only difference between the Extreme Series and the Signature Series is the outer shell. The Signature Series Shell is 1000 Cordura backed with 5 ounces of urethane. The Extreme shell utilizes Superfabric. Superfabric is a piece of material that has composite guards adhered to the fabric. The guards are geometric shapes butted up against each other so that you retain flexibility while still having a hard shell for protection.

The 40 is not much larger in size than the 30. In the past, we sent out 40s when a dealer wanted 30s. It is easy to do if you do not look at the label. They difference in size is that small.

Some people can dive the 30 with a larger cylinder, but much depends on their total equipment configuration (including thermal protection). However, most people diving larger cylinders purchase the 40. Some instructors prefer the 40 for reasons related to teaching classes.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom