MK5 spec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
MARK74

MARK74

Contributor
Reaction score
Mi MKV spec.jpeg

Today I learned that there were more than 10 brands of MK5 that look very similar to the Scubapro versions. Think I am done looking as my mind and eyes are starting to fade at the end of the day. Here is a version sold by Sea Elite that is the best match I have found so far.
Fantastic teacher, I think there is no doubt that it is that one.
So you think they put a Scubapro yoke on it?
Because if that was the case, the resemblance is incredible, thanks for your work, if you come to Malaga you have a seafood paella.

Regards

You're right, look what I found.
What can you tell me about the Sea Elite brand, I didn't know it.

Attachments

• s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 35
  • s-l400 (4).jpg
    s-l400 (4).jpg
    15 KB · Views: 40
  • s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 48
  • s-l400 (6).jpg
    s-l400 (6).jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 43
Sea Elite is a private label brand for Divers Supply, which has a few retail outlets in the US and been in business over 30 years.
They have sourced regulators from various manufactures over the years, some of it quite good and some it of lower quality.
If your MK5 is Sea Elite, switching the yoke to Scubapro would be the type of thing I would do just for looks.
I have a Sea Elite brand second stage which is a Kirby Morgan SuperFlow copy, it can be fun to compare and play with relabeled regulators when the price is right.

If you really want to know, contact Frank Werthwein in Germany; he wrote the book on Scubapro:

50 Jahre Scubapro
Der Atemreglerhersteller
Copyright 2013
herstellung und Verlag: BoD - Books on Demand, Norderstedt
ISBN: 9783848253531

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom