Mk25ta/s600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plsdiver4377

Reaction score
The border between Western NC, Upstate SC
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a little problem with my MK25TA regulator. This reg was purchased in Naples, Italy for me, so it happens to be the DIN version. I want to convert it to yoke for the time being since all my tanks have yoke valves. I do have the adaptor but I'm not real happy with how stable the reg is on the tank while using it (its also made by Subapro).

Here's the problem, I took it to my LDS to have them convert it since they are Scubapro dealers. The owner proceded to try and remove the DIN parts. He could get the first allen screw out no problem, but could not get the second to break free. He offered to let me do it (I assume to relieve himself of responsibilty, also I was more than willing to pay him for his time and the parts of course since this is not a warranty issue until its busted). I refused and had him put it back together.

Does anyone have any ideas about getting this thing apart without destroying it? I would be willing to convert it myself. I assume it will have to come apart when it is time for it to be serviced anyway.

Sorry for the length but I've been ill since having to deal with this individual. It looks like I'm going to have to go to Charlotte for the next nearest Scubapro dealership he doesn't own.:upset:

Thanks

If its new from the factory
It may have some lock tight in there.

Take of all the hoses and plug up the ports
Bung the first stage in a padded vice din side up,and "use the force Luke "

Spec torque is around 25 ft. lb with the brass version. On my Mk20 I was surprised at how much force it took to remove the original DIN fitting. You might try some warm and cold soaks on the sealed reg to loosen things up. Then an allen wrench with a good extension (about a foot long) to get the torque necessary. If that scares you too much (it may take quite a bit of effort) send it to SP for service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom