MK25evo / S600 / R195 setup Long hose ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got it back from a "Scubapro Authorized" rebuild. The Deep6 is just a great regulator IMHO/YMMV.
Authorized and “tuned” are two different things, the deep 6 is a nice reg but the 600 can easily equal it.

The R195 will work fine on a necklace. With a good, balanced 1st stage like the Mk25 EVO, there really is no reason to spend the kind of money it would cost to replace just the 2nd stage.

Do you mean that you would switch to a 7' hose on a single tank reg set? If so, why?

If you're going over to doubles with a 7' hose, then okay. In that case, I would leave the single tank set alone and just buy a good set for doubles. If budget doesn't permit 2 new reg sets right now. Then probably get another Mk25 EVO/S600 to pair with the one you have, and a plan to buy yet another at some point, so that you can put the original set back together with the R195 for single tank.

All that said, ScubaPro would not be my first choice for a doubles setup. I'm saying that having a doubles set of Mk 25EVO/G260 in my bag right now, and a doubles set of Atomic M1. The Mk25 EVO/G260 setup breathes awesome. But, the Atomic setup breathes just as well, is environmentally sealed, and is less expensive...

The old school DIR directive was to use a simple downstream unbalanced 2nd stage for the alternate, so your R195 will work fine. I have read that their reason for specifying an unbalanced alternate was for simplicity and reliability, and I have also read that the reason was so that an IP spike could be more easily detected as the unbalanced 2nd stage would start to flow long before the balanced primary 2nd.

I think that directive has long since vanished from DIR literature, but it doesn't matter. Don't bother getting a new 2nd stage unless you are unhappy with the R195 for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom