MK25 vs LX vs ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orbiter

Registered
Reaction score
So the real question is - which of the top three should I go for?
All are top of the line but I only need one and I'll be takeing it deep so fine tuning my decision is kinda hard.
I read the DIVERNET review but found it lacking. I could use some personel experience and any usefull info.
Thanks,
Yaron

hi orbiter,
i would like to add some more information about choosing regulator. You are familiar with my equipment, but I would like to provide some more info to the rest of forum... In Israel, as a small country, you can not realy get whatever equipment you want. And if you do, you can't get service everywhere you want. Generally, there is one importer, that sells equipment to local LDS, so if you want to get service for your Legend, then you don't have so much choise.... It is the same with Scubapro or Apex. THerefore, your choise should be based not only on the regulator quality (altough, in spite that I didn;t try them all, I still think they are all very good), but rather on the service you will get during your purchase and after.

Sasha

dvas once bubbled...
hi orbiter,
the service you will get during your purchase and after.

I would have to agree! All three regulators are excellent. You should make sure that you are able to get the proper service and parts for them. Safe diving.

I have 2 Mk25s...they are a great reg.

The ATX200 is probably just as good though.

The decision also depends on what type of diving you are doing. The ATX200 is a diaphram reg and the Mk25 is a piston.

I have an ATX200, ATX50, Legend LX and a Legend, all of them breath great. I personally prefer the Apeks line. I have no experience with the MK25, so I don't have a valid opinion on it other than to say that if you are going to be diving in cold water then you are probably better off with an environmentally sealed first stage like the apeks or the legend series. If you do a search of these boards, you will find that there is quite abit of discussion about the problems the MK25 has with freeze ups.

Good luck with your decision

Guy's
I don't understand choose your reg by where you can service it the easiest. First of all your reg's should be serviced every year and if something bad unlikly thing happened on a trip, somewhere far from home and you can't get your reg serviced...rent one.
My advise is to choose a reg that you like and that is in your budget. If your going on a trip far away get your reg serviced before you leave at the LDS where you bought your reg. I personally like the ATX 200 and Legend.
Dive safe!

Ice Blue once bubbled...

I don't understand choose your reg by where you can service it the easiest. First of all your reg's should be serviced every year and if something bad unlikly thing happened on a trip, somewhere far from home and you can't get your reg serviced...rent one.

Not everyone has a competent reg tech nearby. People who service their regs themselves have a hard time getting parts. Many people are simply not able to service their regs annually. Annual service is just nonsense perpetuated by the manufacturers and the LDS.

The idea of just renting a reg isn't much of a solution. Most of the rental regs used by dive shops are poorly maintained and unfit for use. I certainly would not use a reg that I could not be certain of its working order.

Back
Top Bottom