MK25\S600 or Atomic B1 with titanium second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myrddin

Contributor
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me which is better? I am trying to get a new set and am not sure which I like. I will be useing an ATOM with air II. Please give me your thoughts I am buying today.

also any thoughts on the Mares Proton Ice 2 Stage Regulator?? looks cool.

:)

Is the B1 even sold anymore? The B2 has been on the market for a while.

Get whichever one you think looks cool or fits your pocketbook the best. Or has the maintenance schedule you like ... or warranty ... or features ... or convenient LDS for service. I've noticed that in these "should I buy A or B" threads, there are usually an equal number of A and B responses, with plenty of votes for C, D, and E thrown in. :D

For many people, I bet their reg turns out to be one of the least important equipment buying decisions they make.

It seems that most people pick the reg that they ended up buying in these type of threads :) Often there isn't really enough information by the original poster to lead either way.

I completely agree with the points above. Speak to your LDS and then work from there :)

Good luck.

Bjorn

good points guys, Ill just wing it I guess. From what I understand there all good, so Ill just see what happens. I think I like the ScubaPro mk25/s600 the best to be honest so lets see if I can be talked into another...

Thanks

Both SP and Atomic sell high-quality products. You can't go wrong with either.

Why the titanium second stage?

If you want to be swayed toward the Atomic:

- Atomic was started by Scubapro engineers who wanted to make better stuff
- Atomic lifetime warranty
- Atomic 2-year service interval
- Atomic comfort swivel!!!
- Atomic has no dive/pre-dive switch, it's automagic
- Atomic is tops in Rodale's lab tests
- Bicster owns one and so should you :p

Maybe the SP reg matches some of those features; I have no idea.

I know they have a great product... I didnt even think of checking one out. I ended up with the mk25/s600.... Got a good deal its last years model.... I think it will do just fine..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom