MK25 EVO/G260 reg Tactical?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabrah

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Good afternoon,

I've had the same Beuchat second stage for about fifteen years now and I think it's time to upgrade into the big leagues. I've been doing a lot of tire kicking and could use some insight. I dive 1-2 times per week in Rhode Island. Although I don't go as often during the winter, I still dive in cold water, so I simply cannot have a freezing issue. I dive from sandy/rocky shores as well as boat dive (when my friends provide the boat!).

I've been eyeing the ScubaPro MK25 EVO first stage and G260 regulator. The average price is about $800. Is this setup truly worth the $810 based on my activity? Or is there a better alternative?

Also, leisurepro has a so-called 'tactical' version of the G260... the only difference I can determine is the reg is all black as opposed to silver/black... but for over $100 more? Is that the only difference? Thank you!

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-scpm25eg26tc/scubapro-mk25-evo-g260-tactical-regulator

Yes the only difference is tactical is black, being stealthy is apparently expensive. I have seen the tactical with a swivel so that maybe another difference although I'm unsure if the swivel is as standard or an additional option at an even higher premium.

---------- Post added July 1st, 2015 at 06:04 PM ----------

"Worth it" is rather subjective. I personally wouldn't pay $810 for any reg except maybe a T3 and only if it came with matching seconds. I just, last week, bought a MK25 with 2x G260s and must say it breathes very nice. I was offered to tactical but declined due to price premium, that and the fact the black coloring would eventually become silver as the scratches mount.

From our authorized scubapro dealer here, the tactical /black color by default comes with the swivel, however last time when I was at the shop I felt that the swivel didn't help much..

If you really like the color, additional $100 for a reg that you gonna use for years is probably worth it?.

I like and agree how buddhasummer describe "being stealthy is apparently expensive" :D.

Cheers,
Kebo

I thought MK17 was the better choice in scubapro first stages for cold water. Not that I have anything against mk25, that's what I use - but I don't dive in cold water.

The "Evo" version should stand cold water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every set I've seen only the second stage is "tactical" but the first stage has been "non tactical" isn't that dangerous if you're trying to be tactical?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom