MK2 setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a right way to set up an MK2 ? (I miss the swivel of my MK25). I just don't like the way the 4 hoses are arranged no matter how I arrange them. Has anyone else dealt with this ?

I agree about the swivel. My has a Mk2, that's the only thing I don't like about it. The hoses work fine in use, even though they come off at what to me are odd angles, considering how long I've used a Mk5 which has a swivel.

I don't think it's too bad a routing set up. It's like an X; if you're looking at the end of the reg barrel, opposite from the yoke nut, set it up so that the HP is at 4:00, LP inflator at 2:00, primary 2nd stage at 10:00 and alternate at 8:00 (there should be an extra LP port at 12:00)

It's a pain in the butt for storage and hanging up. The mk25 is calling my name... buy me... buy me.

mattboy:
I don't think it's too bad a routing set up. It's like an X; if you're looking at the end of the reg barrel, opposite from the yoke nut, set it up so that the HP is at 4:00, LP inflator at 2:00, primary 2nd stage at 10:00 and alternate at 8:00 (there should be an extra LP port at 12:00)

Thanks. We'll give that a try.

mattboy:

Or go with a long hose on the primary and swap positions with the alt which would be on a necklace. Or relagate it to pony bottle use where the hose routing on the Mk2 is better than with the big boys.

awap:
Or go with a long hose on the primary and swap positions with the alt which would be on a necklace. Or relagate it to pony bottle use where the hose routing on the Mk2 is better than with the big boys.

These setups are for our students. In addition to an MK2 I picked up on ebay and am cleaning up (with your help) and an old MK5 I have laying around, I picked up 2 new MK2/R390/R190 setups from LeisurePro. (My wife and I are trying to cut down on our outside dependencies).

lhpdiver:
These setups are for our students. In addition to an MK2 I picked up on ebay and am cleaning up (with your help) and an old MK5 I have laying around, I picked up 2 new MK2/R390/R190 setups from LeisurePro. (My wife and I are trying to cut down on our outside dependencies).

Great. But you should be able to pick up a 5' hose on ebay for under $20, 22" hose for octo about the same and introduce students to a streamlined configuration alternative. Add a wrist mounted depth gauge and compass. Kill less coral and better prepare them for their first purchases.

Or forget the 22" hose and std octo and let them see/try an Air2.

awap:
Great. But you should be able to pick up a 5' hose on ebay for under $20, 22" hose for octo about the same and introduce students to a streamlined configuration alternative. Add a wrist mounted depth gauge and compass. Kill less coral and better prepare them for their first purchases.

Or forget the 22" hose and std octo and let them see/try an Air2.

I appreciate your view - but as a good part of the students who come thru here are tourists and if they return they will probably be using rental gear I'd rather they get used to what will be handed them later. I've pulled the 2 Air/2's we have and am putting them on ebay for some funds.

I do regret that they will have to learn using AL80's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom