mk17 IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the right answer with any "over-balanced" reg. Start at 500 PSI and have it lock at 145. Anything from 125-145 is acceptable, but best practice is 145 @500 PSI, and then check it on a tank @3000 PSI and make sure there isn't an unacceptable swing one way or the other.
I thought over balance IP increase happened at deep depths in response to ambient pressure, not supply pressure.

I appreciate all the responses. If I opt to turn it down, is that something i can do? I did a search and the one thread that comes up had people split on whether or not it's user serviceable?

I appreciate all the responses. If I opt to turn it down, is that something i can do? I did a search and the one thread that comes up had people split on whether or not it's user serviceable?
If you have an IP gage and a hex key you're good to go. Don't adjust under pressure is really about it. Out to lower but can't say which way as some adjusters are left hand thread. Just make sure there is no pressure otherwise you'll tend to cut the seat - so if you have a console, let it bleed off for a few seconds after you think it's down. Transmitters don't hold the volume like the hoses do and that's a tiny hole on the HP side.

The hex nut is under the black cap that says 'mk17 Evo' on it? Does the cap thread on or just snap on?

it is also under the diaphragm under that cap, and the plastic load transmitter also is to be removed.

If you have an IP gage and a hex key you're good to go. Don't adjust under pressure is really about it. Out to lower but can't say which way as some adjusters are left hand thread. Just make sure there is no pressure otherwise you'll tend to cut the seat - so if you have a console, let it bleed off for a few seconds after you think it's down. Transmitters don't hold the volume like the hoses do and that's a tiny hole on the HP side.

My understanding is that it can be adjusted under pressure, you just need to purge after each adjustment.

This is the right answer with any "over-balanced" reg. Start at 500 PSI and have it lock at 145. Anything from 125-145 is acceptable, but best practice is 145 @500 PSI, and then check it on a tank @3000 PSI and make sure there isn't an unacceptable swing one way or the other.

Depends on what definition you are using when referring to over balanced, with Apeks "over balancing" refers to a increase in ip as depth increases, on a MK17 the ip increases as tank pressure drops, which SP refer to as"ip inversion". Happy to be corrected if my understanding is wrong cheers.

On a MK17 if the ip increases from 500pi to 3000psi this would be indicative of a problem. One would expect the ip to decrease, according to SP literature, by 5-10 (?) psi. It should only swing one way, no?

The hex nut is under the black cap that says 'mk17 Evo' on it? Does the cap thread on or just snap on?

Snaps on, be careful removing diaphragm. If you lick your finger it will stick to the transmitter and you can pull it out. Turning it in increases ip, turning it out decreases ip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom