MK10 rebuilt and theres an issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Packhorse,

The bulletin I referred to states that all MK2+, MK16, MK18, MK18UL,MK 20, MK20UL sold after Oct 2000 are approved for Nitrox up to 40% straight out of the box, so I would think a conversion could easily be made for the same models, but I think the OP is interested in O2 SERVICE which means "oxygen clean" and safe for 100%. As DA points out, SP has only APPROVED the MK20 for that.

couv

Google scubapro mk2 m26 and you will find plenty of places selling MK2's ready for 100% O2. SP APPROVED.

OK...I stand corrected.

Google scubapro mk2 m26 and you will find plenty of places selling MK2's ready for 100% O2. SP APPROVED.
Scubapro's Great Britain site lists the Mk 2 and Mk 25 Nitrox versions approved up to 100% O2. The US site however does not and currently neither of those nitrox models are available to US dealers.

There are several dealers selling those regs, but they are UK sites/dealers.

SP making things available in Great Britain but not in the US market has been a sad fact over the last several years.

--------------------

Currently, just about any reg made by anyone (other than some titanium models) are approved for nitrox mixes up to 40% O2 out of the box - that is pretty much the gold standard and "O2 cleaning" is generally only done for use with mixes over 40%.

Haha. Try living in New Zealand. If you want it fast and cheap then you buy on the net and pay huge frieght costs. But in most cases still pay a hell of a lot less.
Example. I got quotes $600nz for a DIN MK17 and a 3 month wait. While I could get it on line for $110 pound ($275nz plus $30 shipping)and a 2 week wait at the most. Thats half price and 6 times faster!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom