MK V filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iknee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Quick question for the gurus out there. I have two MK V's and the metal filters are pucks, and not the conical type that I have seen in the diagrams that "Usual Suspect's" have posted. Is this usual? I do not feel it will be an issue, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Older regs used a flat filter. The scubapro yoke retainer for those will only accommodate a flat filter. Newer regs usually use a conical filter to increase the effective filter area. Those newer yoke retainers should accept either the flat or conical filter (Scubapro will). Chances are you have an older Mk5 and it will accept only the flat filter. Newer Mk5 yoke retainers (almost any hard parts) may be tough to find. It is possible to use a new Scubapro universal yoke retainer in the Mk5 but it is too short for the Mk5 body so some shims are needed to get correct spacing.

I've got the same issue with my MK3. Is there a source to get flat filters?

I'd check any shop you come across. Many should have some languishing in their spare parts bin.

Unless I really get into some crap with one, I have no problem with giving the SS filter a ride in the US cleaner and reusing.

Yep, combined with an extended bath in acid/vinegar, repeat when in doubt. Stainless steel fears nothing.

Thanks guys. I do not plan on replacing the filters because they are in good condition. I thought I was off my rocker because I knew there was no way a cone filter could go in my yoke retainer.

When I get new regs (new in ownership, not age), I first US them in a solution of vinegar and salt, which quickly takes off all of the verdigris, and then finish the sonic bath with a simple green solution. What other types of solutions have you found effective in the US bath?

You have enough chemicals there.

BRONZE sintered filters and chemicals and vibrating machines is BAD.

G'day Zung.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom