Mk-15 And Scuba Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Scuba Tools. Love you guys in general.

I have a big problem with your Multi-Tool wrench and my MK-15's though.

The 1.500" Cap Wrench cutout is dead nuts on, but the pin is way off. I get 0.065" in depth on my MK-15. Your pin is 0.150" with a BEVELED edge. So the pin holds the tool well off the body and the bevel just smears the brass in the direction you are turning. No way to make it work. Messed up one hole on my blind faith that you guys knew what you were doing. I don't repeat mistakes.

See pic. I ground the proper pin down to 0.065" with a sharp shoulder and all is well, see below. Why is this?

Comments?

MK15 Scuba Tool Issue.jpg

I have a couple of Peter's tools too. I wonder how the Scuba Pro Multi-purpose tool fits.

It looks like your pin is coming out. Tap that sucker back in! I've never had a problem like that with that very same tool. BTW, check out the new pin wrench in this video... Suweet!

hmmmmm..... I have been having some issues with mine lately that I didn't remember having before. Need to see if maybe the pin has moved. Thanks NetDoc.

I like their new tool, but I can't wait for it.

Got a CHERRY MK15 recently and no way I'm risking another mishap. Machined a precision bench plate for the Scuba Tool tool. Works like a charm. It mounts on standoffs to the perfect height for a 15. Drop the tool in one way to open, flip it to close. Either way, that hand is now free. :)

They should sell this. Public domain, nobody can patent it. Gnu lives on...

Attachments

• Bench Plate.jpg
    Bench Plate.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 61
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom