Mixing Apeks regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Apeks XTX 50 first and second stage and need to add an octo to this rig. Does anyone know if it's safe to add an Apeks XL4 octo to this setup? Is the first stage of the XTX 50 configured to only work with XTX octopuses?

Yes, fine to do so.

Most any second stage will work on most any first stage. And this thread will now quickly progress into the oddities of one brand runs a slightly different IP than another brand. and how well will a regulator work outside of the original manufacturer's specified IP. Let the tangent start running start running......now.

it's fine, it may not be CE approved, but you're in the US who doesn't care about such things. They are designed to function at the same IP which is about all they care for. I would recommend staying with an XTX second stage though as it will make service easier for you unless there is a particular reason you want the XL4

I have an Apeks XTX 50 first and second stage and need to add an octo to this rig. Does anyone know if it's safe to add an Apeks XL4 octo to this setup? Is the first stage of the XTX 50 configured to only work with XTX octopuses?
Yes it's fine. The intermediate pressure for Apeks first stages is between 9.5-10 bar (approx 135-140 psi), which is pretty much standard and compatible with the majority of second stages.

Thanks for the info guys! This helps a lot.

I have Aepks US1, US4, DS4, DST and FSR 1 stages as well as T20, TX40, TX50 and ATX40 2nd stages.
Good thing about Apeks is that they are more or less the same internally for majority of their models(1st and 2nd). The old "sentinel" 2nd stage is completely different though.
If you stay within the main line of Apeks regs, intermixing of 1st and 2nd stages is never an issue.
No idea on MTX and XL4 as well as Flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom