Mixed Diving/Snorkeling in the upper Keys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the Diving Guide to UW FL, so I have a fairly solid idea of where I want to dive (basically everywhere :wink: ). It's more difficult to determine what would be a great destination to do a mixed 1/2 day trip where I would dive, and the family can snorkel (actually I would likely stay in the water and join the family between dives as well!

My son swims well (age 11), but my wife get's a bit freaked out by the thought of critters in the water (like sharks), and this attitude has rubbed off a bit on our kid. However I'm hoping that a great day on a nice shallow reef would spark her interest, and help overcome this attitude as she loves the beach, the ocean, and enjoys water in general.

Ideal would be calm, shallow, full of colorful coral and reef life.

Any good suggesitons from the Conch Crew?

Thanks,

RonFrank:
I have the Diving Guide to UW FL, so I have a fairly solid idea of where I want to dive (basically everywhere :wink: ). It's more difficult to determine what would be a great destination to do a mixed 1/2 day trip where I would dive, and the family can snorkel (actually I would likely stay in the water and join the family between dives as well!

My son swims well (age 11), but my wife get's a bit freaked out by the thought of critters in the water (like sharks), and this attitude has rubbed off a bit on our kid. However I'm hoping that a great day on a nice shallow reef would spark her interest, and help overcome this attitude as she loves the beach, the ocean, and enjoys water in general.

Ideal would be calm, shallow, full of colorful coral and reef life.

Any good suggesitons from the Conch Crew?

Thanks,
Molasses Reef off Key Largo, or Looe Key off Big Pine Key... on a nice day (not windy), both are suitable for combination diving and snorkeling trips. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom