Mix-rc vs xtx200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi looking to buy at this regs. Will be using the long hose. Any pros and cons? as of now tropical weather but might dive colder regions.

any routing problems with the 1st stage?
Go with a 5 ft rubber hose for your primary. I'm thinking about getting the same regulators. The mouth piece may need getting used to.

Hi looking to buy at this regs. Will be using the long hose. Any pros and cons? as of now tropical weather but might dive colder regions.

any routing problems with the 1st stage?

Why long hose? How long? Cheers.

Go with a 5 ft rubber hose for your primary. I'm thinking about getting the same regulators. The mouth piece may need getting used to.

i find the 7ft better than the 5ft. i use a long hose stick when not using a cannister light.

5ft hose interferes with the bungied regulator.

FSR/XTX50 my pick.

The MTX has weird angle hp ports if using 5th port. No replaceable crown. For me both of these things are deal breakers. YMMV.

Added bonus, you can unseal an FSR if you wish for tropical warm water diving, makes it tiny.View attachment 660682

this is interesting... can you do it yourself?

DS4, DST and FSR. I have all three of them for rec and tec dive.
DS4 is great but only has one HP port. Economical and reliable.
I personally would not use DST for single tank diving with/out the 5th port.
FSR is a bit more expensive but I like the idea of ARCAP(replaceable crown seat) and angled two HP ports.
Length of the hose is personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom