Mix Log?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cavenutz

Registered
Reaction score
Would anyone have a good "Mix Log" that they would like to share? Used for Trimix as well as EANx? Please post any suggestions or actual log sheet's you use? Thanks!

Cavenutz

Cavenutz once bubbled...
Would anyone have a good "Mix Log" that they would like to share? Used for Trimix as well as EANx? Please post any suggestions or actual log sheet's you use? Thanks!

Cavenutz

I wasnt really happy with any of the log books I've seen, so I ended up making my own. I designed it to accomodate practically any type of diving. Is there something specifically you're looking for? (i.e. gas switches, cns tracking, deco mixes, dive profile/table, etc.?)

Not looking for a Dive Log, I posted one that I modified in another thread. What I am looking for is a log book used to record your tank fills. When you blend Nitox or Trimix you log such things as:

Who it was blended for
Date
Mix.. Ie Trimis 20/30 or EANX 50/50
Final presure of tank.
Presure of each gas
Analasis % of each gas (He and O2)
Original Tank Pressure
Original Mix % of tank to fill
Top-Off Pressure

This would be a good start I guess? Any suggestions or recomendations would be great!

Cavenutz

that does the log function for Nitrox, including computing the effective output of the compressor, etc.

I could post an empty copy if you'd like... doesn't have a Helium column (yet) though :)

Its basic, but it tracks the compressor performance and time as well, and computes MOD.

best thing to do is make up one using excel spreadsheet program and then as you use it, you'll find you need to ad stuff to it, so it becomes a "living" thing and it'll be just what you want. As your needs change, you can update it, modify it, search the net for the formulas, etc. to calculate all kinds of stuff and add that to it as well. In just a short time you'll have one that fits your kind of filling, diving, etc. and you'll be posting it for others to use as well. PM me your email address and I can send you some calc sheets in excel format to get you started.

I still use a binder sheet of paper and keep it in the mixing area of my shop. The program(s) tell me what to mix, I just ad a persons name to it and where they're going. Kinda like an autograph page for everyone who comes around my place. I also keep track of my gas cost there as well, 'cause I don't buy a bottle of helium or a bottle of O2 every month, so I probably would forget the actual cost, etc. as time goes by. I've only been doin this for 26 years now. I can't remember everything!

happy diving

db:sharkey:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom