Missouri Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cediver

Reaction score
Hey all,
I get out of the Navy and rotate back to the real world at the end of October. I'm bringing all my dive gear to Missouri with me for my 4 month stay. I've got a 5mm full suit, is that going to be enough to dive in Missouri in the winter time? I'm also looking for people and places to dive with while there. I just finished up my AOW about 3 weeks ago, I'm here in sunny Bahrain for another 3 weeks them I'm home free to Missouri. I look forward to hearing from you all. Oh, I almost forgot, this weekend I made friends with a seasnake, now I'm going to have to get a camera.

Casey

Hi and welcome to the board. I don't know about diving with a 5mm suit here in the winter. Most dive dry, but some are fine with a 7mm of a 7mm farmer john. Where in MO are you going to be?

Thanks for the job you've been doing.

Quarrior:
Hi and welcome to the board. I don't know about diving with a 5mm suit here in the winter. Most dive dry, but some are fine with a 7mm of a 7mm farmer john. Where in MO are you going to be?

Thanks for the job you've been doing.

I live in Vienna, right between Jeff City and Rolla on Hwy 63. I'm only going to be around for about 4 months before I move on to Oahu for 3-4 years but I'd still like to get some diving in while I'm in Missouri. Still gotta find a job too. Well it sounds like the suit is the only trouble I'll have (rent it I guess) I've got every thing else. Thanks for the reply.

Casey

5mm, in MO, in the winter? No way I am pretty hardy but I don't think I will go that far. If all else fails go dive Bonne Terre mine. Haven't been there yet but will be the first weekend in December and I can't wait. I know, it is pricey.

Welcome Back To The World. Always Looking Fro New People To Dive With. I Live In Jefferson City, Maybe We Can Go Dive In Rolla At The Quarry I've Never Been There.

Quail Run closes for the winter at the end of October. I am guessing they might open by appointment if you call ahead of time. I dont know that for sure though.

cediver:
I live in Vienna, right between Jeff City and Rolla on Hwy 63. I'm only going to be around for about 4 months before I move on to Oahu for 3-4 years but I'd still like to get some diving in while I'm in Missouri. Still gotta find a job too. Well it sounds like the suit is the only trouble I'll have (rent it I guess) I've got every thing else. Thanks for the reply.

Casey

Vienna, huh? I am a native of Vienna but have lived in the Jefferson City area for about 26 years now! Wow, I don't know if I could take Oahu for 3-4 years, poor guy!

Mike

I live in Mtn. Grove Mo try the laker that borter MO & Ar they are nice dives if you come down this way give me a call Cavern diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom