Missing spearfisherman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
just heard about the freediver thats missing out at kona. my prayers go out to him and his loved ones and hope for his rescue. to me a diver is a diver weather freediving or scuba diving he is a lost diver and thats all that matters.I would like to think the dive community on kona is doing what ever it can to comfort his wife while she awaits news.

thanks for the link dumpsterdiver, it did endeed answer many questions. again my heart goes out to his family.and his dive buddy.

dumpsterDiver's link isn't working for me. Is it still working for everyone else?

The thread no longer seems to work. I saw it a few days ago. Very sad story and lot's of grieving messages.

I do have a question...was there any dive flag involved? It is law here that free divers use one as well as scuba divers. Possibly having the flag could have saved him or maybe at least cut down on the time it took to search for his body. Tragic accident. It goes to show you we all must respect mother ocean at all times. What seems routine can quickly change into a nightmare given the right circumstances.

Bless his family, friends and his soul. R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom