Missing Scuba's diver's body found......missing since 1981!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBuoy:
Why not post the general content and IMGs in this thread?

Well, here is one image. .
m5.jpg

The content is in German, since I don't speak German I don't know what is relevant or not.

MikeC:
Well, here is one image. .
m5.jpg

The content is in German, since I don't speak German I don't know what is relevant or not.

OMG! This is so funny but you'll never guess ... I can't see the IMG for the same obvious reasons ... sigh. Can you please just paste the German Languge text, Google has a translator.

DiverBuoy:
Why not post the general content and IMGs in this thread?
Link works for me. Here is the content.

http://www.divetable.de/museum_g.htm

mein kleines virtuelles TAUCHCOMPUTER MUSEUM

Inhalt: vor meiner Zeit ...
mein erster "Tauchcomputer" (in den frühen 60ern)

ein analoges Teil (70er)

der weltberühmte Hans Hass DECO-BRAIN (80er)

der ORCA EDGE

andere Teile (80er und 90er)

zur Zeit tauche ich mit: ...(ab ca. 2002)

2003 bis 2006

ausgewähltes feedback (ab 2004)

zurück zur: Homepage

Here is a translation from Babelfish.

my small virtual DIPPING COMPUTER MUSEUM
Contents:
before my time...
my first "dipping computer" (into the early 60ern)
a similar part (70's)
world-famous the Hans's hate DECO BRAIN (80's)
the ORCA EDGE
other parts (80's and 90's)
at present I dip with: ... (ab approx.. 2002)
2003 to 2006
selected feedback (starting from 2004)

back to: Homepage

Pretty funny that it translated Dip instead of Dive. If you want the specific pages let me know and I will see what I can do.

Willie

wet-willie:
Link works for me. Here is the content.

http://www.divetable.de/museum_g.htm

mein kleines virtuelles TAUCHCOMPUTER MUSEUM

Inhalt: vor meiner Zeit ...
mein erster "Tauchcomputer" (in den frühen 60ern)

ein analoges Teil (70er)

der weltberühmte Hans Hass DECO-BRAIN (80er)

der ORCA EDGE

andere Teile (80er und 90er)

zur Zeit tauche ich mit: ...(ab ca. 2002)

2003 bis 2006

ausgewähltes feedback (ab 2004)

zurück zur: Homepage

Here is a translation from Babelfish.

Contents:
before my time...
my first "dipping computer" (into the early 60ern)
a similar part (70's)
world-famous the Hans's hate DECO BRAIN (80's)
the ORCA EDGE
other parts (80's and 90's)
at present I dip with: ... (ab approx.. 2002)
2003 to 2006
selected feedback (starting from 2004)

Pretty funny that it translated Dip instead of Dive. If you want the specific pages let me know and I will see what I can do.

Willie

Thanks wet-willie I really appreciate it. I'd like to learn more about the reference to the 70s dive computer ... does the site give brand model and picture of the 70s unit?

DiverBuoy:
Thanks wet-willie I really appreciate it. I'd like to learn more about the reference to the 70s dive computer ... does the site give brand model and picture of the 70s unit?
Here is a translation of the page http://www.divetable.de/kap1.htm
I couldnt figure out how to insert the images so I added them as attachments. If they dont work let me know and I will try again.

Willie

a similar part (70's)

At that time there was already a similar dipping computer, the so-called "SOS Deco egg":

• in Italy one produced
• and stop looks like a large chrome Osterei...
• and "SOS" mentioned (no notion, why...)
• exactly a Kompartiment was simulated, i.e.: a radioactive half-life
• a normal Bodensee dipping course, so approx.. 45 m and 30 min. not with Deko stops excellently...
• which actually pleased us at that time completely well, since we had into for instance the same attitude to it,
• _ like 15 year before Hans hate to a convulsion...
• naja: change like the times...
• here down the Bildchen with the coolie to the comparison:
(see attachment m2.jpg)​
• and here the Innereien:
(see attachment m3.jpg)​
The increased ambient pressure pressed the nitrogen gas from the plastic storage vessel by the sinter filter into the pressure gauge. The pressure gauge consisted of Bourdon mechanics. A radioactive half-life was simulated by the flow resistance of the filter: depending upon pressure increase the pointer moved from the NDL over 3, on 6 and the deeper Deko stages.
the manual of the SOS Deco ice on German, with 5 sheets, approx.. 15 MT.

back: to contents

wet-willie:
Here is a translation of the page http://www.divetable.de/kap1.htm
I couldnt figure out how to insert the images so I added them as attachments. If they dont work let me know and I will try again.

Willie

a similar part (70's)

At that time there was already a similar dipping computer, the so-called "SOS Deco egg":

• in Italy one produced
• and stop looks like a large chrome Osterei...
• and "SOS" mentioned (no notion, why...)
• exactly a Kompartiment was simulated, i.e.: a radioactive half-life
• a normal Bodensee dipping course, so approx.. 45 m and 30 min. not with Deko stops excellently...
• which actually pleased us at that time completely well, since we had into for instance the same attitude to it,
• _ like 15 year before Hans hate to a convulsion...
• naja: change like the times...
• here down the Bildchen with the coolie to the comparison:
(see attachment m2.jpg)​
• and here the Innereien:
(see attachment m3.jpg)​
The increased ambient pressure pressed the nitrogen gas from the plastic storage vessel by the sinter filter into the pressure gauge. The pressure gauge consisted of Bourdon mechanics. A radioactive half-life was simulated by the flow resistance of the filter: depending upon pressure increase the pointer moved from the NDL over 3, on 6 and the deeper Deko stages.
the manual of the SOS Deco ice on German, with 5 sheets, approx.. 15 MT.

back: to contents

Thanks again wet-willie. Yes I see now looking this model tag, looked it up it had a filter that allowed pressure to pass through and fill a chamber .. no electronics or powersource required. There was a relief valve after the dive was over. Funny, but it was discussed in an old scuba board thread where divers used to call it the "bend-o-matic" ... sorta of a humorous commentary on it's success. I think the Orca was introduced in late 1981 becoming available in 1982-3 to the public. Can anyone validate this with any certainty?

To get back to this serious thread, now that it's been thoroughly tangented ... the diver who died did not have a computer.

Bummer still can't read it ... I've tried the root domain, and tried the IP address directly. Must be blocking on my side. The networks I all tried are using Cox Communications business and residential in So Cal. Wonder if anyone else on Cox in So Cal can get to this domain?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom