missing Scott mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easydiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On July 3rd, I sent $325.00 to Nick Bonavita for a Scott mask that he had for sale on another vintage scuba site. I last heard from Nick on July 9th. I have not recieved the mask and can not seem to communicate with Nick. He does not answer numerous PM's and emails. The only phone # I have has been diconected. Does anyone know what has happened to Nick? On the other site, he goes by "hardhat diver". Nick is from Diamond, NY. He ran a shop in Clifton Park, NY called Capitaland scuba center inc. Emails to the shop also go unanswered and the phone has been shut off. Please let me know if you know what has happened to Nick. Thanks

Capitaland Scuba
c
apitalandscuba@verizon.net
diving_flag.jpg

Providing quality service since 1989

newreply.php
newreply.php

Retirement Sale
Everything must go!

Inventory, rental equipment, compressor and banks,
display cases, racks, anything that isn't nailed down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sam, I have looked at Nick's website. The email address is no good and the shop phone has been disconnected. I would advise everyone not to have anything to do with NICK BONAVITA of Diamond Point, NY. It appears that he is a common thief. He goes by hardhatdiver.

Nothing yet Sam. I have filed a complaint with the Postal inspector but I am doutfull anything will happen. I called some of his neighbors and left a message but they did not return the call. I have asked about him on most of the vintage diving sites and am prepairing a letter for the HDS magazine. The NY police did not seem interested in helping. I would have to go to NY and file a civil suit. At this point, I don't know what else to do. Coming up with $325.00 dollars of hobby money is not easy and losing it like this is worse. Thank you to all the vintage divers that have contacted me with advice and offers of help. The vintage diving community is a great bunch of people that look after their own.

Dems the breaks thats why they say never sent money orders or checks. Use Paypal always that way you have a record.

Ay you think. No a postal money order is safer than paypal in my opinion. You think paypal will do anything because you sent money for something outside ebay. Good luck on that. It's mail fraud down here if you bought something and paid with a postal money order.I think it's a Federal offense. You have a proof of payment also.

Last edited:
I just received a photocopy of my money order from the post office. It was signed and cashed by Nick. Still nothing from the thief.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom