Missing PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donclaypool:
I've been lurking this forum since I moved to FLA almost five years ago. Everyone here is so obsessed with cold, as if people can't go outside north of the 26th parallel. I should be heading out to Seattle next summer (when it's warm!) and hope to get in a couple dives with you guys. I tell everyone here about the abundance of life in cold water but they just don't appreciate it. I sure did! We don't have large, curious sea mammals here. I've seen dolphins, but not while diving. When I first got here they warned me of the ever present current and danger of drift diving so I was a little nervous on my first charter. Obviously, those who had warned me had never been flushed through Agate Pass on a strong winter tide! I miss the diving, the people, the really, really great beer, mountains, solitude, open spaces... everything except the rain. The diving spoils us here in Florida but it sure has a price for a Northwest native. Now I'm going to go put on my 7mm Bare drysuit just to feel it's warmth again.
Good Diving,

Don
Astoria/Corvallis/Bend/Redmond/Newport/Dutch Harbor and now Lantana,FL
If any of you come down this way look me up.

We moved to Ocala, Florida in '99 (we call it 'the vortex'). The second we crossed out of Oregon and into California I knew it was a HUGE mistake and started missing home. Yeah the weather's great, sun, sun, sun. The water's warm, the reefs are beautiful...blah blah blah. You still can't get a decent cup of coffee to save your life, and its so flat you can see the Atlantic from the Gulf coast.
OK, so I might be just a little bitter. LOL :44: :cwmddd:

Back
Top Bottom