Missing New England diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope that guy is ok. That can be a difficult area to dive in (espically at night), low vis, heck of current, lots of boat traffic. I hope the guy was diving dry too as the water is still in the 40s.

Let's all hope he's okay. I'll post followups if I see any.

I dunno about the diving dry thing though Mass Diver. I think a good wetsuit is just fine. I started diving in mine comfortably this year when the water temp got to 41 degrees.

Sounds like nobody even missed him for awhile. Sure hope my buddy isn't like that! Wonder what went wrong?

there's a lot that could go wrong there. It was between tides, so strong current could have been a contributing factor, but I'd guess that not being with a buddy was the biggest problem. The article seemed to imply that the "five other divers" weren't really keeping a very close eye on him.

I hope your buddy isn't like that too!

Originally posted by MSilvia
I think a good wetsuit is just fine. I started diving in mine comfortably this year when the water temp got to 41 degrees.

Sure, a wetsuit'll do just fine for a dive, but this case is different. Lets say he got lucky and is actually drifting on the surface... overnight in a wetsuit in those temps is going to get _damn_ cold...

Yeah... in a prolonged survival situation, I'd definately prefer a drysuit, and now that I think of it, even if he washed up on one of the nearby harbor islands, He'd probably be a lot better off with dry clothes on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom