Missing Diver: Swansea, Wales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Sad news........... My thoughts to his family.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.
-Grier

I know a few people that were asked to help the search but despite people looking the body hasnt been found and given the large tides in the area its very likely a deliberate search wont find it.

No more details are really known other than distressed at the surface (not falling off a boat as bbc said), buddy tried to donate AAS but he sunk.

Pointless to speculate given no body found so no post-mortum results or equipment analysis.

Final update here:-

http://www.divernet.com/news/stories/bodyfound170804.shtml

Police at Dyfed Powys yesterday confirmed that the body of a diver reported washed up on the beach at Pembray on Friday 13 August was that of missing diver Dr Nicholas Lupini.Lupini was diving a Drager semi-closed circuit rebreather at the time of his accident, and is reported to have been experiencing problems with the equipment immediately upon entering the water.

He sank rapidly in 15m, and could not be located by fellow club divers. The alarm was raised immediately, but no trace of him was found despite an extensive air and sea search.

58-year-old Lupini was a highly qualified, experienced diver and chair of Carmarthen Bay Divers Club. He was a GP, and head of practice at the Ty Elli Group Practice in Llanelli; he was also a member of the UK Sports Diving Medical Committee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom