Unknown Missing diver in Indonesia, with body remains subsequently found in shark.

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just saw this earlier today too. That must've been horrific. My thoughts are with her family and friends :sadness:

At least they found the body....

I assume she was on a liveaboard because of the remote location. Wondering which one. It's a bit surprising and a bit concerning that a lost diver didn't make the news until she's turned up inside a shark.

What's unclear is the cause of death....which will most likely never be known.

What's unclear is the cause of death....which will most likely never be known.
Did you read the article? It sounds like it was a tug of war with her body on the platform. Maybe I read it wrong. I think I could guess the cause of death.

What was surprising to me was how small the shark was in the picture. Who says sharks don't eat people?

Did you read the article? It sounds like it was a tug of war with her body on the platform. Maybe I read it wrong. I think I could guess the cause of death.

What was surprising to me was how small the shark was in the picture. Who says sharks don't eat people?

I think you have read it wrong. She was swept away by the current. Authorities continued to search for her for days which I don't think they'd have done if the crew witnessed her being attacked by a shark.

I think @NW Dive Dawg question gets at whether the diver died from exposure (dehydration, delirium, unconsciousness, drowning) or shark attack. That is, did the shark eat the diver before or after she had died.

I think you have read it wrong. She was swept away by the current. Authorities continued to search for her for days which I don't think they'd have done if the crew witnessed her being attacked by a shark.

I think @NW Dive Dawg question gets at whether the diver died from exposure (dehydration, delirium, unconsciousness, drowning) or shark attack. That is, did the shark eat the diver before or after she had died.
Maybe I didn't read it carefully enough! The currents dragged her away.. is a funny way to describe the situation.

Back
Top Bottom