Missing diver at Mukilteo lighthouse Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The following is Facebook hearsay, so take it with a grain of salt.

1. The exit point of the survivor was about 1,000 feet from the entry. (This is confirmed by multiple sources.) The dive plan for this site is almost never "exit 1,000 feet from entry." It's "exit as close as possible to the stairs you got down to the beach from and where your car is parked."
2. One diver has 3 dives "total" and the other 10 dives "total." I can't see how that's consistent with SCUBA standard practices unless the write meant "post certification" and not "total."
3. Both divers were seen to surface about 800 or 900 feet from the entry point and re-descend. Then the survivor surfaced and exited the water.

Local volunteer divers are searching, but I suspect the body won't be recovered anywhere near the site, if at all, given tidal currents in the area.

Linkie no workie

Ok, when I first saw this and saw Edmonds, I thought Edmonds Underwater Park, max depth of 40 feet. Virtually impossible to not be bound.

This is Mukilteo, north of Edmonds. The most popular dive site by the old T-dock (now removed) gets deep fairly fast, but the issue is more of the currents.

I haven't seen much information about this. The dive buddy is alive, but afaik, hasn't spoken (understandably) to the media.

The dome structure at Mukilteo is a sort of shrine from a diver banned from ScubaBoard for a buddy of his that died during a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom