Missing Britannia Beach Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If my choice of words was indelicate, then I apologize. We all react differently to tragedy, and my response is usually to pick at it until it makes sense. I may have let my frustration that so little reliable information has been released pertaining to this incident get the best of me. My question was intended to be taken literally, and not meant to blame anyone involved.

No offense taken Locus :) I was just trying to answer your question. I didn't mean for it to come across like I was taking a shot at you :)

If you read this sticky in A&I you will understand where I am coming from. I have been involved in A&I discussions from long before, during and after being involved in a scuba death that got a lot of discussion there. At the time there was no way I was going to risk legal consequences for posting online. I provided information to a couple third parties to help the thread but some of the stuff still got a bit mixed up. I saw no value in reactivating the thread after a significant time delay to say the Coroner ruled drowning with no culpability. Here (in OZ) the only ones who get access to the Official reports are the family so there was no new saddle or shoes to put on that dead horse!

IMHO the only time/way things can be learned from these events is with thoughtful, respectful discussion of the information available at the time. We just need to recognize that what we are doing is an Analysis based on unsubstantiated information and speculation. Reasonable speculation/discussion about POSSIBLE contributing factors can teach us how to be safer. That is why I still support A&I

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom