Missed the jetties and ended up in the Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A bunch of SBers tried to go to the Panama City Beach Jetties today but viz was terrible so we ended up at Morrison Springs. I got some new eel shots and a couple above water. Enjoy.

roots.jpg

diveplan.jpg

scarface.jpg

happydopy.jpg

It wasn't as cold as it looks and not as cold as it has been. There is still some river water over the spring that is cold but the spring water is 68 degrees year round. Air temp was probably 70 today.

I didn't know if I should call that last guy Dopey or Happy :D.

The 1st eel shot is awesome, I've never noticed the "diamond-plate" pattern on the eels before, nor have I been able to get that close to them to get such a good close-up.

I'm uploading pics from my camera as we speak :)

Great Shots SY. I saw Seayoda's camera tactics in action. It basically consists of cornering the poor defenseless eels into a crack in the corner. Then he lays down and positions his big ole housing in front of them so they have no where to hide. Then comes the groping and kissing, but he can tell you all about that I'm sure. You can see the look of terror on the eel in the 2nd picture. He's almost to the point of panic. I had to come and tell SY that his buddy had already exited the cavern.. Solo diving photographers, sheesh.. :) Of course we all know I'm just kidding with ya SY, and you know we love ya.. That first eel shot is phenominal.

Matt

I never have a bad buddy when I'm doing the picture thing :D. Besides, communication is a two way street - no fair leaving when I'm wedged in a crack like that. As for the groping and kissing, If you look like one of them they are more likely to accept your presence - in this one's case she just got carried away with my good looks.

SBM did you see the two eels hanging out guarding the entrance to the cavern on our second dive? They sure were not scared.

SY those shots are great, I'd like to think #2 was just happy to see you!

darcy:
SBM did you see the two eels hanging out guarding the entrance to the cavern on our second dive? They sure were not scared.

I must have missed them, I'll definately keep my eyes peeled for em next time :D

So the baldness works with the eels, huh? I wonder what will fall in love with you when we get back out into the Gulf?

darcy:
So the baldness works with the eels, huh? I wonder what will fall in love with you when we get back out into the Gulf?
I was thinking more of my overall facial features for the eel, but I could see a Mola mola taking a shine to me out in the gulf :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom